My understanding is that IIS takes the first "extension" in the file path, and uses
that to decide who/what gets to interpret the file.

So with a path including .com, it will work just as you have seen.

If you had a path called test.htm or test.cfm, I think you'd see the same results.

If there is a way around this in IIS, I'd love to learn about it, too.

No help,
Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/28/02 04:52PM >>>
I've run up against IIS's wonderful inability to correctly parse virtual
paths before, but this one has me stumped.  If I have a folder
"test.com" on my web server (a domain name for a client's site we are
working on), any CF files that are under the directory with the ".com"
in the name are all passed back as source (with Content-Type:
application/octet-stream).  If I rename the directory to just "test"
(that is, remove the ".com") then the script executes as planned.  I can
only assume that IIS isn't bothering to see if "test.com" is a directory
and is instead assuming it is an executable file with a ".com"
extension.  I've tried poking around in the options ([dis]allowing
scripts & executables, checking to see if the file exists, etc) but
nothing seems to fix it.  We don't have this problem with our Apache
server.

I can't be the only one who has ever run up against this, but searching
for ".com" on the web is like drinking from a firehose.  Anyone have any
pointers for how to fix it?  (No, I don't want to rename all of my
directories to remove the ".com".)

Thanks,
-R