> > If you have a custom tag that is used like this
> > <cf_MyTag></cf_MyTag>
> >
> > Then use:
> > <cfmodule template="relative_path_to_my_tag/MyTag.cfm">
> > </cfmodule>
>
> If memory serves, I think I had trouble with doing the latter
> in CF 4.

That worked fine for me in CF 4.x, all versions. A common problem that
people have with it, though, is if they're using nested custom tags:

<cf_foo>
        <cf_bar>
</cf_foo>

If you simply converted that to this:

<cfmodule template="foo.cfm">
        <cfmodule template="bar.cfm">
</cfmodule>

it wouldn't work, because CF would logically assume that the closing
CFMODULE belonged to the opening reference to bar.cfm. The solution is to
simply close all custom tags:

<cfmodule template="foo.cfm">
        <cfmodule template="bar.cfm></cfmodule>
</cfmodule>

or even better, use the XML syntax for closing a tag:

<cfmodule template="foo.cfm">
        <cfmodule template="bar.cfm />
</cfmodule>

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software