I found this on deja.com and thought it might help you...

From: Jeff Kohn ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Subject: Re: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction
coordinator.
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.platformsdk.complus_mts
View this article only
Date: 2001-07-25 10:28:51 PST

I just ran into this problem in an all-MS environment (ie SQL Server not
Orcacle), and in my case the cause was having a firehose recordset open. If
you open a recordset using adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly (cursorless
resultset), then no other component will be able to enlist in the
transaction as long as that recordset is open. This seems like an incredibly
ridiculous limitation, but in my case it was definitely the cause of the
problem. Restructoring the code so that I could close the firehose recordset
fixed the problem. Unfortunately, if that's not an option for you, the only
other thing you can do is change the recordset to use some type of cursor
(adOpenStatic, for instance), which may negatively affect performance.

There can be other causes for the error message you're getting, so make sure
you've checked the obvious stuff like making sure DTC is running, etc. But I
had never seen this particular explanation for the error, so maybe it's
worth checking in your case.

Jeff