Here is the scenario.

We have decided to cluster our server environment to improve performance as
well as add more fail over assurance.

Environment:

4 Identical servers.
1 File Server (where all of the files will reside)

>From what I have gathered about Cluster Cats, it requires that your firewall
see it as "1 server (1 IP address)" thus allowing Cluster cats to route the
traffic to the appropriate server.
There is good documentation on how to do this, and it seems fairly simple,
using Cisco Local Director. However, we do not use Local Director. We have a
Netscreen firewall and will be bale to do whatever DNS stuff is necessary.
Can anyone advise on how to satisfy Cluster Cat's needs in this environment?

Also,

seeing as how we will have 4 servers (initially) that will be serving as the
web server, how do we enable verity to work identically across all of the
servers? Will we need to duplicate the collections?

the reason we chose to go with a central NFS as opposed to storing all of
the application's files on each server is to eliminate the need to duplicate
files across server, etc.

if you need any more details please to not hesitate to ask.

as always,

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-chris.alvarado
[application.developer]
4 Guys Interactive, Inc.