That's automatic in CF (server side validation, CreateODBCDate, ...). I suggest using
CreateDate and treating the date (dd/mm/yyyy) as a list.

Pascal

-----Original Message-----
From: Tristram Charnley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: woensdag 3 april 2002 13:37
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF doing strange things with dates

I want users to enter dates in forms using  European format dates
(dd/mm/yy).

But CF is converting dates on or before the 12th of the month to the US
format - {d '2002-12-04'} while dates after the 12th are being formatted as
European - {d '2002-04-13'}

This happens with both CreateODBCDate and CFQUERYPARAM.

Unless I'm missing something this makes Eurodate validation pretty
pointless...

Any suggestions?

Tristram Charnley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]