For reasons I need not explain (too complicated), whenever a DB update
happens  I have to shuffle the record between 3 different verity
indexes. It can be 1 update (not too bad) or 1 update and 2 deletes or 2
updates and 1 delete or 1 or 2 deletes.

They are quite big indexes so 2 or 3 updates is rather slow.

This need not happen instantly (like before the updated page appears)
but should happen fairly soon after the update (so a 15 min scheduled
event, for example, would be too slow).

Is there any way I can set these verity updates to happen asynchronously
to the next page impression?

--
Regards;

Richard Meredith-Hardy