I'm wondering if someone can help me make these stored procedures more
efficient. What is happening now is it's taking over a minute to process and
spiking out the cpu on the performance monitor....

<CFPARAM NAME="GRADE" DEFAULT="">
<CFPARAM NAME="CLINK" DEFAULT="">

<!---Parameters can be either Grade or by teacher's class.  The StudentID is
returned to retrieve grades for individual students.--->
<CFSTOREDPROC PROCEDURE="proGetStudentsQAll" DATASOURCE="#Request.maindsn#">
<CFPROCPARAM TYPE="IN" DBVARNAME="@SCHOOLNUM"
CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VarCHAR" VALUE="#CLIENT.SCHOOLNUM#">
<CFPROCPARAM TYPE="IN" DBVARNAME="@GRADE" CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VarChar"
VALUE="#GRADE#">
<CFPROCPARAM TYPE="IN" DBVARNAME="@CLINK" CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_INTEGER"
VALUE="#CLINK#">
<CFPROCPARAM TYPE="OUT" DBVARNAME="@StudentID" CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VarChar"
VARIABLE="StudentID">
<CFPROCRESULT NAME="StudentPrint">
</CFSTOREDPROC>

<!---Puts out student demographic info retrieved from 1st stored
procedure--->
<CFOUTPUT QUERY="StudentPrint" GROUP="StudentID">
#FIRSTNAME#, #LASTNAME#, #SCHOOLNAME#, #TotAbs#, #TotTardy#,
#TeacherName#<BR>

<!---Send StudentID to stored procedure to retrieve grades--->
<CFSTOREDPROC PROCEDURE="proGetGradesQAll" DATASOURCE="#Request.maindsn#">
<CFPROCPARAM TYPE="IN" DBVARNAME="@StudentID" CFSQLTYPE="CF_SQL_VarChar"
VALUE="#StudentID#">
 <CFPROCRESULT NAME="Quarter1Print" RESULTSET="1">
 <CFPROCRESULT NAME="Quarter2Print" RESULTSET="2">
 <CFPROCRESULT NAME="Quarter3Print" RESULTSET="3">
<CFPROCRESULT NAME="Quarter4Print" RESULTSET="4">
</CFSTOREDPROC>

<!---Show grades for 1st quarter--->
<CFLOOP QUERY="Quarter1Print">
#CourseID# #QuarterGrade#<BR>
</CFLOOP>
<!---Show grades for 2nd quarter--->
<CFLOOP QUERY="Quarter2Print">
#CourseID# #QuarterGrade#<BR>
</CFLOOP>
<!---Show grades for 3rd quarter--->
<CFLOOP QUERY="Quarter3Print">
#CourseID# #QuarterGrade#<BR>
</CFLOOP>
<!---Show grades for 4th quarter--->
<CFLOOP QUERY="Quarter4Print">
#CourseID# #QuarterGrade#<BR>
</CFLOOP>
</CFOUTPUT>

It was suggested that I put it all in one stored procedure.  But when I
tried that 2 things happened- CPU use went to 100% while it was processing
and secondly the grades would not format out correctly- only sending out the
1st student's grades for each student. (ie grades for Ann Ax were on all the
report cards, regardless of student name)
Any ideas?  The only thing I can think is that by repeatedly sending the
StudentID to the 2nd stored proc sucks all the resources-makes the spikes.
But knowing the problem and how to fix it are two different things.
any help would be greatly appreciated.