I built a policy renewal system for an insurance company that does this sort of thing,
and shortly will build a billing system for them; much the same issues involved there
as well.

What do you want to know?  Looks like we better take this off list as I assume this
isn't any sort of CF/online project.

Feel free to email me directly and ask away.

Cheers,

---------------------------------------
Matt Robertson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSB Designs, Inc., www.mysecretbase.com
---------------------------------------

from: "Paul E. Cross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 12:51:24 -0800

Hi:

I'm searching for a solution to tracking subscriptions to an online / print
magazine (=http://www.pracrisk.com). Currently done in a bunch of different
places (an accounting program, a spreadsheet with about 15 worksheets). Not
surprisingly it's terribly inefficient, inconsistent and inaccurate. We are
in the middle of developing a custom solution in Access with an in-house
developer (company-Aon). But it's so tough to spicify and communicate our
needs and wants and have them show up in the custom application.

The toughest part:  (briefly) we want to automate the invoicing process.
Send out first notice renewal subscription notices 3 months before
expiration, second notices 2 months, etc. It seems like I get these all the
time from the magazines I belong to.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Or potential source of an existing
application that may fit our needs?  Big accounting programs like MAS90
seem inappropriate and difficult for our subscription manager to learn (1
person manages about 1000 subscribers, this isn't a big magazine). Off the
shelf pc accounting programs don't seem to fit and I couldn' t find a
sample on internet that looked promising.

Thanks for listening,

Paul Cross