At 20:47 06/04/2002 Jochem van Dieten said....
>Gordon Burns wrote:
> >
> > Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Cold Fusion
> > Application Server service to connect.
> >
> > I did try and install Java Tag at one time and that failed but then
> > did not bother after that.  This is the first time since the I have
> > tried a reboot of the system.
> >
> > I will remove that tag entry in the registry and try rebooting.
>
>If removing the tag doesn't help, remove the reference to the JVM/JRE as
>well.
>
>Jochem

I think that did it. Phew !

It is certainly working again and it seemed to fire up as soon as I
removed that registry key for JVM.

Thanks to all who took the time to assist.  Where else could you
tap into help and assistance from around the world at 10pm UK time
on a sat night.

Gordon