--- Dave Watts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió: > >
This is the problem that's eating my brain now.
> > I need to access to a asp file that send me back a
> cvs
> > file as attachment. I can not see how to get the
> cvs
> > file. Down there is the piece of cf code and
> continuesly
> > what I see in the client side. Any ideas???
> >
> > //////////////////////////////////////////////////
> > //This is what I see in the browser
> > ///////////////////////////////////////////////
> > The requested file is not ASCII text and can not
> be
> > rendered.
> >
> > The mime-type:
> >
> > application/unknown
>
> Versions of CF prior to 5.0, I think, will not let
> you display
> CFHTTP.FileContent if CF doesn't recognize the MIME
> type to be text. I don't
> think there's much you can do about that, but you
> can work around it by
> using the FILE attribute of CFHTTP to write the
> content to a file, then use
> CFFILE to read it.
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> phone: 202-797-5496
> fax: 202-797-5444

You were right Dave.Thanks a lot!!!!!. I solved 95 %
of my problem following your suggestion. I already got
the data (in fact is a cvs file) saved in a file after
using CFHTTP's FILE and Path attributes. My final goal
is to make a query with the cvs file's data. CFHTTP
tag give me the posibility to do that directly but I
Think I can't do that 'cause the delimiter caracter
(,)
is part of some data's fields too. and I don't see how
to modify the file before using cfhttp. Is there any
easy way to accomplish that????.Perhaps working from
the saved file???.
Thanks ,Thanks again
Mario
I,m posting down here the modified script and the
results that showed up in the browser.

//the modified script

<cfhttp NAME="InstrLedAttQuery"
COLUMNS="Username,FirstName,MiddleInitial,LastName,GroupID,GroupName,Email,Address1,Address2,City,State/Province,PostalCode,Country,Title,StartDate,EndDate,Audit?,Completed?,CEUCredit?,EnterTime,ExitTime,ElapsedTime(minutes)"
 RESOLVEURL="Yes"  REDIRECT="No"
USERAGENT="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0 Windows
NT 5.1; Q312461)" PATH="D:\ek_content\EkOutsideRetriv"
FILE="test1.cvs" METHOD="POST" URL="#InstrLedAttURL#"

<cfhttpparam NAME="ZDUSMSK" TYPE="Cookie"
  VALUE="#cook#">
</cfhttp>

<CFOUTPUT QUERY="InstrLedAttQuery">
//////////////////
#Username#,#FirstName#,#MiddleInitial#
/////////////////////
</CFOUTPUT>

//////////////////////////////
//This what I get in the browser.

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Diagnostic Information
QUERY

The QUERY attribute of the tag does not specify the
name of an available query

The error occurred while processing an element with a
general identifier of (CFOUTPUT), occupying document
position (199:1) to (199:35).

Date/Time: 03/11/02 09:22:18
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows
NT 5.0)
Remote Address: 66.109.35.50