No, I'm pretty sure cfcache stores the pages in memory (RAM).
  If it stored on the hard drive, you might gain some performance over
running the template from scratch, but not nearly as much as storing in RAM.
  There is a setting in the ColdFusion administrator with regards to the
number of pages that can be chached.