haven't tried it yet...Macromedia has a custom tag called CF_Compact that claims to
let you compact an Access db remotely.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin Miller
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 5:17 PM
  Subject: RE: Access2000 file size limits?

  That's one of the big problems.  If the databases get that large, especially with a
large number of concurrent users, you need to be diligent in making sure that you
perform manual "compact and repair" operations on the database.

  There are free alternatives, don't use Access unless you must.

  Kevin

  >>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/09/02 03:07PM >>>
  I believe that the maximum file size is 2 Gb. I've actually seen files
  nearly that large being used in CF applications (1.8 Gb or so).
  Interestingly enough, the file size by itself doesn't necessarily make that
  much of a performance difference, if you have a fast enough disk subsystem
  and enough memory (4+ Gb or so). The number of concurrent users seem to make
  more of a difference.

  In one case, a file about that size was being used as a Client variable
  repository. The tables themselves only had a couple of hundred records, but
  since Access databases grow but don't shrink, the thing just kept getting
  larger!

  Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
  http://www.figleaf.com/
  voice: (202) 797-5496