The answer to your question is yes. Maybe.

What version of Cold Fusion Server are you running your pages through?

Cold Fusion Server 5.0 has UDF (User Defined Functions) which perform just like
functions in any language.

But what you are talking about with the template sounds more like you want to reuse
the entire template, not just a little snippet of code.

There are two main approaches in CF for this.  Including the file (CFINCLUDE) or
creating a custom tag/module (CF_NEWTAGNAME or CFMODULE).

If you go the include route, you should check out a development methodology called
Fusebox. It helps a lot to keep these pieces and parts seperated and easy to find and
reuse.

HTH
Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 04/10/02 04:18PM >>>
Hi All:
I'm coming today with perhaps a silly question.
I have a complete template and I want to reuse its
functionality .
My question is : Is there anyway to create functions
in coldfusion??
If so , which is the best option??
My function would only takes two parameters.
Thanks in advance friends.
Mario

http://www.mail-archive.com/cf-talk@houseoffusion.com/
> Unsubscribe:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/index.cfm?sidebar=lists

Informaci=n de Estados Unidos y AmTrica Latina, en Yahoo! Noticias.
Visftanos en http://noticias.espanol.yahoo.com