From: Michael Vinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 April 2002 01:23
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: I need printable reports in browser from Oracle (must be an
alter native to Crystal#!@?#!!?

Kevan, There's definitely stuff in the archive ... Cognos, et.al. I'm
doing the 'roll your own' method with CF/Access (in my case) plus
ActivePDF -- and it's turning out to be a good solution. Also, I have
recently sumo-wrestled with Crystal Reports and the bugs and quirks are
damn near intolerable!!! One of my recent projects, however, called for
editable documents with pretty graphic footers & TOC's (tables of
contents) and I didn't want head down the path of RTF graphics &/or COM
objects -- so Crystal finally got the job done ----- after starting from
scratch 3 or 4 times due to corrupt files, my own ignorance, etc.
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any one-size-fits-all tools in the $1000
range and some of the other toolkits are very expensive.

Good Luck, Mike