From: Jon Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 7:40 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Access table record limit?

Does anyone know what a practical limit of records should be in an Access
table? The reason I ask is that I have a table for a feature I am
implementing that with some really broad estimates of mine could hit 20,000
records in a year of heavy usage (for this app, which really wouldn't be
heavy usage relatively speaking...). Any higher than that and I'd insist on
SQL Server for performance. This particular table has just 4 fields, and is
nicely indexable... I've seen some outrageous Access databases in my time
that worked, but I can't remember if I've seen 20k records in one table.

jon