I have this site which is pointed at by several URL's ie www.aaa.com,
www.bbb.com Etc.

I want to have users log in only once in any of the sites and then be
able to freely switch between sites in a logged-in state.  The
application name is the same for all.

The client can have access to the same client vars on the server if the
CFID & CFTOKEN in any URL's or forms which switch between sites (ie is
setting cookies pointing to the same CFID & CFTOKEN for each site)

Is this a really bad idea?

I can think of one serious inherent risk:  copying url's with CFID &
CFTOKEN in them and sending them to friends.

This can be alleviated with client vars like aaaVisitedOnce =
true/false, bbbVisitedOnce = true/false etc with the default false, but
once true (ie after first ever visit) the cookie is set for that site so
the CFID & CFTOKEN no longer needs to be passed in URL's (or forms) so
the risk is reduced to only when the user has never visited the other
site.

or perhaps a more solid approach would be if any of my
client.xxxVisitedOnce vars were false then I could include a hidden
frame in the page calling a very small page from that site with the CFID
& CFTOKEN so cookies get set on all "false" sites invisibly.

It's the principle of sharing one CFID & CFTOKEN  between many sites
which I am wondering about though....

--
Regards;

Richard Meredith-Hardy