How about creating a table with these fields:

answerID
answer (contains the texts you specified)

Make sure the IDs represent the answer's position in the scale (Strongly
Agree = 5, Strongly Disagree = 1). Then have a linking table between the
users, answers and questions:

userID
questionID
answerID

(I guess the Primary Key will be a combination of all three fields.)

To get people who agree with a question:

SELECT u.username
FROM users u, userAnswers ua
WHERE u.userID = ua.userID
AND ua.questionID = #questionID#
AND ua.answerID > 3

etc.! If your answers are fixed, maybe the answers table wouldn't be
necessary. Just have a 'answer' field in userAnswers, set between 1 and
5 according to the answer.

HTH

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]