Dave,

I'm doing exactly what you are this morning.  Of the three examples that
were given early on in the thread, I've settled on this one so far:

<INPUT TYPE="Button" NAME="Submit" VALUE="Submit Form"
onclick="javascript:this.value='Please
Wait';this.disabled=1;document.forms[0].submit()">

On my win2k/apache dev box it works in NN 6.2 and 4.77 as well as IE.

I do self-posting forms as well.  Sometimes I
<CFIF NOT CompareNoCase(CGI.REQUEST_METHOD,"post")> to test if the page
is a form submission, and carry on processing from there.  That might
help you out on the self-testing thing.

--Matt Robertson--
MSB Designs, Inc.
http://mysecretbase.com