I tried this:

<cfquery name="sermon_nums" datasource="maindsn" maxrows="5">
        SELECT sermons_details.sermon_num, count(sermons_details.sermon_num) AS
tally, sermons.title, sermons.tape, sermons.name, speakers.initials,
sermons.size
        FROM (sermons_details INNER JOIN sermons
                ON sermons_details.sermon_num = sermons.tape)
                INNER JOIN speakers ON sermons.speaker = speakers.full_name
        WHERE sermons_details.date_stamp >= #Last30Days#
        AND sermons_details.subject = 'SERMONACCESS'
        GROUP BY sermons_details.sermon_num
        ORDER BY count(sermons_details.sermon_num) DESC
</cfquery>

...and I got this error:

ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] You tried to execute a query that
does not include the specified expression 'title' as part of an aggregate
function.

ideas?

David

------------------------------------
David Grabbe
Manager, Information Systems
Church of the Great God
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cgg.org

Why not do a join... something like this I expect...

><cfquery name="sermon_nums" datasource="maindsn" maxrows="5">
>        SELECT sermons_details.sermon_num,
count(sermons_details.sermon_num) AS
>tally

     sermons.title etc, speakers.initials

>        FROM sermons_details

     JOIN sermons ON sermons_details.sermon_num = sermons.sermon_num

     JOIN speakers ON sermons.speaker = speaker.full_name

At 03:07 PM 4/17/02 -0400, you wrote:
>I need some help from your SQL gurus out there  :)
>
>Here's the deal:  we are keeping a running tally of the sermons which have
>been downloaded the most over the past 30 days.  Every time a sermon is
>downloaded, I write a record out to a sermons_details table, where the
>primary key is the sermon number.  This is working fine:
>
><cfset TestDate = CreateODBCDate(Now())>
><cfset Last30Days = '#DateAdd("d",-30,"#TestDate#")#'>
><cfquery name="sermon_nums" datasource="maindsn" maxrows="5">
>        SELECT sermons_details.sermon_num,
count(sermons_details.sermon_num) AS
>tally
>        FROM sermons_details
>        WHERE sermons_details.date_stamp >= #Last30Days#
>        AND sermons_details.subject = 'SERMONACCESS'
>        GROUP BY sermons_details.sermon_num
>        ORDER BY count(sermons_details.sermon_num) DESC
></cfquery>
>
>This counts up the number of detail records, and orders them.  Works like a
>champ.  The difficulty comes in when I try to get the info from the header
>record for each sermon:
>
><cfquery name="most_requested" datasource="maindsn" maxrows="5">
>        SELECT sermons.title, sermons.tape, sermons.name,
speakers.initials,