I tried all of those solutions except the htmleditformat.
Will the htmleditformat remove double quotes?

~jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 6:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Encrypting Numeric ID's

How about this:

<CFSET encrypted = URLEncodedFormat(encrypt(string, key))>

---------------------------------------
Matt Robertson    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MSB Designs, Inc., www.mysecretbase.com
---------------------------------------

from: "Jason Dowdell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:14:51 -0400

Hi All,

I'm encrypting an integer using the encrypt() function
in CF.  Sometimes it puts a double quote character in
the encrypted string.  So when I put that value in a hidden
form field it looks something like this...

value="jd0"9em"

Of course you can see what happens.  The browser sees the
second double quote and disregards the rest of the value of
the variable.  I don't have the option of storing a hashed
value as the primary key because the db is already designed.

Does anyone have any workarounds for this?

Thanks,
Jason
Jason Dowdell
Engine Studio Inc.