Evening,

        I have gotten approval from Macromedia to start a new ColdFusion User Group
in Fayetteville, NC.  Presently we have only 4 members (all of whom I work
with), however I know there are more people using CF in the area, and there
was some interest on the CCFUG mailing list about having meetings in
Fayetteville.  We are already being sponsored by Schoollink, Inc.  which is
by the way my employer (don't want to have any conflicts of interest).  They
have agreed to let us use their training lab which consists of 15
workstations, a trainers station, projector, huge white board, as well as
hosting the FCFUG website, and some demo space on a training server for
presentations and stuff.

        We are currently in the process of registering the name and building a web
site.  The launch of the CFUG is not official until the site is up and
running, and so that is one reason I am making this announcement.  We are
looking for people who would be able to help with any facet of running the
CFUG, from list management, to site design, meeting planning or speaking.
All are welcome.

        I would also like to say we are not trying in any way to take from the
CCFUG in Chapel Hill, it is just a bit to far for some of us to travel, but
we look forward to being able to do joint meetings eventually both in
person, and over the net.  I will also still be making every effort to
attend when possible.  Plus we are going to make sure never to schedule an
event on a day planned by the group at Chapel Hill.

        If you are interested please respond to this post off list, as I wouldn't
want to anger any of the people that this doesn't pertain to.

        Ok well I will be signing off now.  I hope to hear from you all soon.   I
would like to take this opportunity to thank Ken Beard for making available
his CFUG's site, it will give us something to put up in the interim while we
build a FB 3 site.  BTW in case you haven't taken a look at it, it has some
really great FB 2 stuff in it that never really made sense to me until I
started using his app.

        Ok well night all.

Tim Heald
ACP/CCFD