Yes, you can do it.

No, you should not.

Why?

Consider this:

<cfset x.y = 1>
<cfset x.z = 2>

You probably think you have created a structure with two keys, right?
Wrong. You have actually created two variables. One is named "x.y", and
one is named "x.z". To correctly use dot notation, you should do:

<cfset x = structNew()>
etc.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus