I do use sql to do this.  But this utility just let me plug in some values
and go.  No code to write.  It was very quick and easy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Heald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 1:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: At my new job

Well you could parse files like that with CF, or just about any other
language.  Excel and Access can be used to do some of this, not sure about
getting just 1 or 2 columns from separate files, then joining.  Also you
could do it with a SQL Server and write some join tables or views.  I would
think there would be many many ways to do it.

Tim Heald
ACP/CCFD :)
Application Development
www.schoollink.net