I am developing a shopping cart application where the specifications call
for the user being able to view product details and select order the
quantity from a pop-up "Child" window.  They will be given the option to
close the Child window and continue shopping.  If they want to order the
item, they would select the quantity in the Child window and click on the
submit button.  Upon clicking on the submit button, the Child window needs
to close and send the form field values back to the "Parent" window for
processing.

Personally, I can't see how the form data can be sent from the Child window
to the Parent window.  My only thought would be using URL parameters, but I
can't figure out how to call the Parent window from the Child window.  If
anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.  Otherwise, I am
going to have to convince the client to convert the pop-up window to a
normal window so that I can control things.

Gary