Matt,

Based on your statement, I would assume that you have knowledge and
experience that I do not possess.  (Surely it's not the MM beta program
that only super-duper cool dudes are on, since I'm a beta tester as
well)

I'll benchmark it now, and post my results (along with the code).  I'd
be interested in seeing your results as well.

If MX beats 5, then:
1) the final release will only widen the gap
2) the final release will be slower than a beta, pre-release, debug
build (which I highly doubt)

But, for a moment, let's say that scientific results mean nothing.  That
faster numbers on MX have no bearing on whether J2EE can "keep up".

Let's use "logical conclusions based on experience and facts".   I (and
the rest of cf-talk, I'm sure) would love to hear how pre-compiled
byte-code "can't keep up" with the interpreted code->p-code->executed
sequence.  Remember, no scientific evidence (per you); only logical
conclusions.

---
Billy Cravens