From: John Wilker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 9:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX = Neo ?

>>Not exactly. CF Studio, as we knew it, is an end-of-life product. It's
being replaced with Dreamweaver MX (one of
>>the components of Studio MX, I think), which is supposed to combine
the best features of the previous versions of
>>Dreamweaver Ultradev and CF Studio.

Probably my only MX rant. I've never been a DW or UD person. I like hand
coding I do not want any WYSIWYG anywhere near me.. Man I'm bummed. As
soon as I heard that my heart fell.

J.

John Wilker
Web Applications Consultant, and Author
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer
President/Founder, Inland Empire CFUG.
www.red-omega.com

"Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is life, fight for it."

> Is CFMX the offical release name of Neo?

Yes, I think: ColdFusion MX.

> Is CFMX CF6?

Yes, I think. Or, to be more exact, CF 6 is CF MX. CF 7 might also be
called CF MX when it comes out, depending on the traction that the "MX"
label picks up.

> Is Macromedia Studio MX, CF Studio 6?

Not exactly. CF Studio, as we knew it, is an end-of-life product. It's
being replaced with Dreamweaver MX (one of the components of Studio MX,
I think), which is supposed to combine the best features of the previous
versions of Dreamweaver Ultradev and CF Studio.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444