Hi Neil,

> IMO, CFC's are a great OOP addition to ColdFusion; sure they may not fit
> into your Dictionary definition of OOP and they don't support
> polymorphism, but they are still an OOP concept - yes?

Yes. CFCs are the best thing since.. well, UDFs.  Yes, they support
inheritance.

OOP is not (supposed to be) a dogma, it's a loose bunch of mostly good
ideas which tend to go well together. I would describe any language
feature which helps you to encapsulate data and logic as an OOP feature.

You know, imo this OO thing is a bit like the Fusebox argument. There are
good ideas, and there are ways of implementing good ideas, and there are
language/methodology features that help you to implement good ideas. It's
usually a sign of inexperience to think that one particular way is the
only way.

And btw Matt, MM do "give everything J2EE has to offer" (pretty much).
It's called JRun. I've been working with it for about 6 months and I love
it. However, I can program about 3 times faster in CFML. CFCs have widened
that gap.

Nick