Technically with Pro, the same set of resource permissions is given to all the
templates, no matter how many CF applications you host.

Christine

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 12:22 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Where's Advanced Security?

Dave Watts wrote:

>>Well, that should save some work. Sandbox Security appears
>>to be Enterprise Edition only, so we will simply leave the
>>CF hosting business because there is no way to justify such
>>an investment :(
>
> Yeah, that's a tough break. However, it seems like the big thing you lose
> without the integrated security is RDS access. Why not offer the same sort
> of access you offer to edit Perl, PHP, and so on? Then, you could take
> advantage of the new lower price for CF Professional, and you could justify
> the loss of RDS by giving your CF customers a price cut!

Discussing this is pretty pointless until we know what is actually
included in the various versions of CFMX. But that has never stopped me
before :)

I have done some digging and came up with some more official info:

The feature comparison matrix says that all versions have Resource
security, and only the Enterprise editions have Server Sandbox Security.
http://www.macromedia.com/software/coldfusion/whitepapers/pdf/ColdFusionMXFeatureGrid_03.pdf

Developing ColdFusion MX Applications with CFML says the following:
"The directory or directories to which a set of rules apply is called a
sandbox, and resource security is also called sandbox security"
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/cf6docs/Developing_ColdFusion_MX_Applications_with_CFML/appSecurity3.jsp?

So will it be possible in CF MX Pro to limit the resources a hosted
customer can access based on the directory in which his templates are or
not?

BTW, giving a price cut is not an option. That would mean we would have
to pay customers to use CF :)

Jochem