> From: "Ben Forta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> You need to lock to prevent race conditions. If that is why you were
> locking then yes, you should.
>
> But you do not need to lock to prevent memory corruption. So, if that
> was the only reason you were locking, then no need.

I currently store info on users logged into CMS backends (*not*
high-traffic sites) in a structure called 'session.user'. I Duplicate
this structure to the Request scope in Application.cfm for easy access
to the info therein throughout the request without CFLOCK (all the data
in it is usually static).

So... when I can confidently convert my apps to CFMX, I can just ditch
this method and happily refer to session.user.groupID or whatever - as
long as it's not being modified on a regular basis - without locking?
Whoopee-doo!

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: http://www.tengai.co.uk