I'm curious to know how any CF admins out there have setup a multi-server
configuration. I've recently been tasked to look at/improve our security
setup here at work. Currently we have a web/cf server (IIS 5.0 and CF 5.0)
running on W2K server. On another server we have NT4 with SQL Server 7.0

All of our queries are written to use ODBC and trusted connections. To get
this to work, we have altered the Cold Fusion Application Service setup so
that it runs as a local user with Administrative privileges. That same user
was then added as an (NT) administrator on the SQL box so that essentially
CF is authenticating as dbo. That isn't a huge problem for us as we are
small and all the developers who have access to the sql server are admins.
Another conderation is that CF needs the ability to write files to a file
server (which also has this same "cold fusion" user replicated on it).

Obviously this setup is less than secure and I'd like to improve it however
possible. What I'm looking for are some "best practices" or advice from
anyone out there with similar configurations. I'm looking at creating a
domain for these machines so at the very least the passwords can be easily
changed more often. Any other suggestions or direction is welcome.

</rob>