From: phumes1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 11:11 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Adding MIME types

Hi,

Presently I have a .bat file which runs to add mime types into the registry.
I have included my .reg file below. Is there a way to have CF add these
mimetypes rather than have approximately 50-100 users run this batch file
on their PCs?

addmimes.bat
---------------------

@echo off
reg import mimetypes.reg

mimetypes.reg
---------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dat]
@="UltraEdit.dat"
"Content Type"="text/dat"
"Perceived Type"="text"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.dat\PersistentHandler]
@="{eec97550-47a9-11cf-b952-00aa0051fe20}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\text/dat] "Extension"=".dat"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat]
@="Text Document"
"Old Default"="DatObject"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\UltraEdit\\UEDIT32.EXE\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\open\ddeexec]
@="[open(\"%1\")]"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\open\ddeexec\Application]
@="UEDIT32"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\open\ddeexec\topic]
@="System"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\print]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\print\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\UltraEdit\\UEDIT32.EXE\" /p \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\print\ddeexec]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\print\ddeexec\Application]
@="UEDIT32"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\UltraEdit.dat\shell\print\ddeexec\topic]
@="System"

--------+

Philip Humeniuk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]