From: Eric J Hoffman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 12:26 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SQL and singlequotes

Preservesinglequote() not working or are we missing something?  Here is
our code, and the resulting error from a user:

<cfquery name="putitin" datasource="mrskellystea" username="#tea.user#"
password="#tea.pass#">
Insert Into Feedback (comment, sitecomment, tearequest, okforemail,
response, firstname, lastname, email, timedate)
VALUES('#preservesinglequotes(form.comments)#',
'#preservesinglequotes(form.sitesuggestions)#',
'#preservesinglequotes(form.tearequests)#', '#form.teamail#',
'#form.pleaserespond#', '#form.fname#', '#form.lname#',
'#form.email_address#', #setdate#)
</cfquery>

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax
near 't'.

SQL = "Insert Into Feedback (comment, sitecomment, tearequest,
okforemail, response, firstname, lastname, email, timedate) VALUES('I
don't know if you got my message. Am looking for Mrs. Kelly's Special
Jasmine tea. Is that the same as your Jasmine Special Grade? Is that the
only Jasmine tea you carry? Do you have any hibiscus teas? ', '', '',
'n', 'n', 'Barb', 'Chapman', '[EMAIL PROTECTED]', {d
'2002-05-06'})"
Regards,

Eric J. Hoffman
Director of Internet Development