I have a situation where a number of numeric values will be passed to an
action page.  SOME of these values will be in various forms of currency
format:
i.e.  $12,345.00   $1234   1,234.00

However, the Dollar sign, and comma (thousand separator) cause grief when
entering these values into a database.  The VAL function does not handle
these properly.  I cannot apply the DecimalFormat function - these values
are not seen as numbers - IsNumeric fails on them.

So, I wrote a routine to remove the dollar sign, and commas, then do
IsNumeric on all form elements.  If it was numeric, then I returned the
"raw" number.  Otherwise, I return the original value.

However, this fails when we are dealing with lists of numbers. For instance,
if I have two check boxes, same name, different numeric values, then a value
like "1,2" is passed to the action page for the form field.  In this
particular case, removing the comma is BAD.  However, I need to run this
routine from Application.cfm to minimize impact/development time (large team
of developers).

Can anyone offer any insights or suggestions for this matter?  Thanks
bunches.

Shawn Grover