Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a strange error that I can't figure out and was hoping for
some help. I've included the "problem" code below.

Here is what I'm doing:
I have a form that includes a report table. Each of the headers is a submit
button with the name sort_order and the value of the text that displays
(taken from the columnlist variable below). I also pass the previous
sort_order button in a hidden field called sort_order_hidden so if the user
choses the next 10 records, they will still be sorted by the selected value.

I started with using "is" to compare the list value for the display names
with the button value (which is the display name). However, on one of my
pages, only when passing the sort order through the hidden field (the
CFELSEIF), it does not find any matching value when running the statement
<CFIF a[i] is Form.sort_order_hidden> (I displayed the results and the value
is there, but it is not considered a match. I changed to the code to <CFIF
comparenocase(sort_order_display,a[i])> and now it matches the first value
(or when I remove the CFBREAK, the last value) in the loop even if for
example, the list item is Company Name and the Form.sort_order_hidden is
Phone.

As you can tell, I'm stumped and would appreciate any advice, assistance
etc.

Thanks in advance,
Margaret