----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> How can I refresh the session on the client-side using JavaScript?
Use a hidden frame or iframe that does a document.location via
Javascript when your button is clicked. Fiddling with cookies won't
get you anywhere... CF has to receive a new request before the timeout
period.
----------------------------

Thanks, I just needed to know if you could sort the session timeout
client-side with JS cookie manipulation. I was thinking I'd have to use
a frame, though...

What I'll have is a "session timer" in a thin frame across the top - a
JS-based clock counting down from 20 minutes, so users know when their
time is up. This is for forms that might take longer to fill in (content
formatting using ezEdit, etc.). If there's a refresh button in the
frame, they can refresh their session before it times out and carry on
formatting.

thanks again,

- Gyrus

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]