> Tighter integration is great but performance enhancments are
> always a good selling point.
>
> It's tougher to justify an upgrade to my higher ups if we'll
> be losing performance.

That may be true, but in my opinion, the potential loss of performance is
easily offset by the ability to do more in your applications, without as
much work as before. If you do that well, your applications may perform
significantly better than they did in the past anyway. Like Neil said,
you'll have to try it and see; that's what evaluation versions are all
about.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496