you could always just use the attribute target="_blank" inyour form tag.
That is if your not trying to control the type of new window, size and tec..

-Shawn Regan

-----Original Message-----
From: Van Vliet, Scott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 9:45 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT : js submit into new window...

This works in IE, but I haven't tested it in NN.

<snip>

<head>
<title>Untitled</title>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
<!--
function subForm(obj) {
        window.open("","WinName","width=500,height=300");
        obj.submit();
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
</head>

<form action="http://www.site.com/action.cfm"; target="WinName">
<input type="text" name="txtSomething">
<input type="button" value="Click Me" onclick="subForm(this.form);">
</form>

</snip>

Enjoy!

--
Scott Van Vliet
Sempra Energy

"Hello Stupid, and welcome to your crappy computer."
- Strong Bad, HomestarRunner.com