From: Andy Ousterhout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 9:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: How big a file can CFFILE work with

Thanks.  Yes it does help.  I am using an ISP (Host Centric, the old Web
2010), so I don't know how much memory I have access to.  The purpose of the
upload is to add monthly sales/invoice data from a third party system such
as Peachtree into a database that can be accessed from the web for sales
forecasting.  So far, an entire quarter of sales information is less than
500K.

So if I understand you correctly, I should be ok from a memory perspective.
Next question is what about processing time.  Is there a limit on how long a
single screen can run?  Processing this file may take minutes (error
checking plus file Insert and Update).