From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 6:27 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Problem with cfhttp

> I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem
> with cfhttp in CFMX? I haven't tried it in CF5 so not
> sure if it's happening there too, but I am using cfhttp
> to get the xml feed off of MM's site. I run the page that
> grabs the xml file to get it to my local machine but for
> some reason it only gets ¾ of the page. So I keep getting
> an error that there isn't a root node because there isn't
> a closing tag for the root. Anyone have any ideas what
> might cause this?

OK. This is an odd one. I just tried the same thing, and I got the same
kind
of truncation - not even 3/4ths of the page, but 2261 out of 7652
characters. However, the CFHTTP operation itself was actually returning
the
entire string of 7652 characters - if I used Len(CFHTTP.FileContent), I
got
that number, and if I used CFHTTP to write the content to disk, that's
how
big the file was. I thought it might be an invalid content length header
from the MM server, but that's not the case. Also, I've been able to
retrieve significantly longer strings with CFHTTP without truncation.
So,
next, I thought it might be an invalid character, but it doesn't appear
be, since I can get the raw text just fine with command-line HTTP
clients or
with IE.

So, I have no idea. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444