Hello developers,

I'm writing a custom tag, and I've written some UDFs to clean up some of the code
within the custom tag. Only the custom tag uses these UDFs - they're pretty
specialized - so I thought it would be easiest to just put them right inside the
template for the custom tag. Here's my general structure:

<cfif thistag.executionmode EQ "start">
    <cfscript>
    function IsOperator( value ) {
        blah blah blah;
        return something;
    }
    </cfscript>
    more code
</cfif>
<cfif thistag.executionmode EQ "end">
    some output, etc.
</cfif>

I get this error:
"Routines cannot be declared more than once. The routine IsOperator has been declared
twice in different templates."

I have found that this error occurs at the very beginning of the "end ExecutionMode"
of the tag.

I can't figure out how to stop this error. Any ideas? Thanks

Mike Mertsock
Alfred University Webteam