From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 12:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Is there any way to "touch" a file and update its
dateLastMod ified?

> Is there any way to "touch" a file and update its
> dateLastModified?

There's a utility called "touch", which will do this. It's common on
Unix/Linux systems, and it's part of the Cygwin distribution that you can
use on Windows. I wouldn't be surprised if there were versions of touch
available for Windows outside of Cygwin, either.

> I'm trying to archive files after 5 days that are moved
> over to the CF server for download but they are retaining
> their dateLastModified from their original location. I've
> checked the file properties in the OS and the date created
> is the value I want because it shows when they were copied
> into the folder. How do I access date created as opposed
> to dateLastModified?

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get that from CFDIRECTORY. If you're on
Windows, you can access the COM interface to the filesystem:

<cfscript>
strFile = "d:\sample_file.txt";
fso = CreateObject("COM", "Scripting.FileSystemObject");
f = fso.GetFile(strFile);
WriteOutput(DateFormat(f.DateCreated));
</cfscript>

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software