Thanks, I didn't realize that's all it was storing in CGLOBAL :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 12:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: deadlocks in CFGLOBAL

Client variables use a cookie to look up the client value from the database,
so it is possible and I imagine cfglobal table gets a lot of Update or
Select/Insert (I'm not sure how CF handles updating that table) queries
under load.
You might want to go into the CF admin and just disable global client
variable updates, in the client variable section if you dont use the stats
CF keeps about last visit's and hitcounts. Disabling the global stats is SOP
here. You will probably notice an overall performance boost as well...

jon