I am writing a join query that displays information depending on a value,

There are two columns that deal with inventory, they are
inventory = number in stock (could be a negative)
backorder = either a 1/0 do we allow backordering or not, if it is 1 Yes, we allow
backordering if 0 No we do not.

The situation is, if inventory is 0 or below, then I need to check backorder value to
see if it is a 1 or zero. If it is a 1, then I want to display that value, if it is a
0 and the inventory is 0 or below then do not show the value.

Here is what I have so far!

<cfquery datasource="#caller.prefs.dsn#" name="getoption">
   select o.type, v.id AS itemid, v.item, v.price
   from #caller.prefs.option_table# o, #caller.prefs.option_values_table# v
   where o.id = '#options.optionid#'
   and o.id = v.optionid
   and inventory > 0
   and backorder = 1
   order by v.sort, o.name
</cfquery>

This query will not run correctly .. if inventory is > 0 great, then we don't need to
know about the backorder flag... but if inventory is 0 or less, then we want to see if
the backorder flag is 1 or 0 .. if it is 1, then I want the value to show, but if it
is 0, do not show the value.

I know I could do this in CF with <cfif's> but would rather have it done in the query.

The ending result needs to show the itemid, item, and price

Any suggestions?

TIA

Paul Giesenhagen
QuillDesign