> you're right, I just poorly phrased my answer. What I meant
> was that you lose the ability to take action between the start
> and end execution modes. Because I don't think when you call
> cfmodule there is an end execution mode.

That's not correct either, though. You have an end execution mode in any
custom tag that has an end tag:

<cf_foo>...</cf_foo>
<cf_foo />
<cfmodule template="foo.cfm">...</cfmodule>
<cfmodule template="foo.cfm" />

In addition, you can have whatever stuff you like between the start and end
tags in either case.

> To me, the real benefit of having start/end tags in your custom
> tags is that you can just embed content between them and then
> you have access to it in the end execution mode of your tag. You
> lose this functionality when using cfmodule.

Again, just for clarification, this isn't correct. You don't lose that
functionality with CFMODULE.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496