Commas, spaces are the obvious delimiters.  If that's what you want, you
don't have to provide it.

However, if you want the pipe character (|), then all of the list
functions have the ability to provide your own delmiter:

Example:

valueList(query.columnlist,"|")
listAppend(list,string,"|")

etc..  Does that answer your question or am I misunderstanding.

~Todd