> Does anyone know if its possible to run CF5 and the trial
> version of CFMX on the same machine?

Yes, as several others have mentioned.

> Also is it possible for them both to use iis as the webserver?

Yes, but it'll require a little manual configuration. The way I did it was
to install CF MX as a standalone server, then create one virtual server just
for CF MX, and create a connector using the command-line interface:

c:\cfusionmx\runtime\bin\wsconfig

It can be run as a command-line tool by specifying the appropriate
arguments, or if you don't specify any, it'll provide a GUI.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444