From: phumes1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2002 1:19 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: <CFFILE question

On our server I have a mapped drive letter "Q" pointing to a directory on
another server.

I'm trying to read in a file off the server but I keep getting an error.
Can't I specify a mapped drive letter in CFFILE?

<cfset File="Q:\dir1\filename.txt">
<cffile action="READ" file="#File#" variable="FileContents">
<cfoutput>
#FileContents#<br>
</cfoutput>

This is the error:

Error processing CFFILE
Error attempting to read 'Q:/dir1/filename.txt.' Access is denied. (error 5)
The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFFILE), occupying document position (112:1) to (112:65).
Date/Time: 06/04/02 14:19:41
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; msnca3; Q312461)

--------+

Philip Humeniuk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]