It seems to me that if you are trying to allow the same person to have
multiple sessions taking place from the same physical browser, then you just
need to track sessions in the URL and not use cookies.  This will allow as
many logins as you like from a single machine.  There should not be a reason
to dynamically change the application name, you just need a mechanism for
tracking sessions the is URL specific.  This does not sound like a
CFApplication issue.

Justin