List,

I am looking for a way to show numeric values in a csv file preserving leading zeros.
For instance, say someone's ssn is "005353828" I want it to show up that way instead
of "5353828".  Anyone out there have any nuggets of wisdom to do this in excel?

In last field in the below example (in MS Excel 97), the single quotes show along with
the leading zeros, the double quotes make no difference, the ="001" shows up as
desired when viewed, but the value is '="100"' so it might cause more trouble than it
is worth.  Reformatting all of the fields as text won't do anything because it drops
the leading zeros from the value, it isn't a formatting issue.  I couldn't find a way
to import the info manually, and specify a text qualifier.

a,b,c,d,5,001,'001'
a,b,c,d,5,001,"001"
a,b,c,d,5,001,="001"

gracias por adelantado