I'm not certain this is a problem, but it seems unusual to me:

We're running CF Enterprise 5.0 on a Linux/Apache server.  There is a CF
process called CANamingAdapter that controls the data store for application
management features.  My question is why this process doesn't behave like
other Apache processes (see plain-text chart below)--

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
23565 root       9   0  1276  776   444 S     1.3  0.6 167:27
CANamingAdapter
    1 root       0   0   120   72    48 S     0.0  0.0   0:06 init
    2 root       0   0     0    0     0 SW    0.0  0.0   0:12 kflushd

Other processes seem to terminate normally, but CANamingAdapter has been
running for days under the same PID.  It's not taking up much memory, but
the value under the TIME column just keeps getting bigger.

Can someone give a possible explanation why this process behaves this way,
when other processes seem to "come and go"?

Robert Vander Hart
Electronic Resources Librarian
Lamar Soutter Library
55 Lake Avenue N